Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Like summer in a glass...


It's been a while since I posted a drink recipe, but I had a good one last night.

Last night at Little Tree, after edamame, some pork and crab wasabe dumplings, and a plate of really good sushi that included Australian Ahi tuna that just melted in your mouth, the bartender suggested a dessert drink: a Key Lime Pie Martini. I swear, it tasted just like key lime pie. I had two of them just to make sure.

Now I know a lot of people are martini purists, and feel that these new flavored drinks can't be called martinis; but I really enjoy flavored martinis as an after-dinner cocktail. If you want, you can always just call them something else.

Key Lime Pie Martini

2 oz. Vanilla Absolut
2 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 splash Rose's Lime Juice

Pour the ingredients over ice, shake, strain and serve in a sugar-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a lime.

Salut!

No comments: