Monday, December 19, 2005

I gotta Whole Lotta Love for this time of year.

I am really getting into the Christmas Spirit this year! From watching Olive, the Other Reindeer (my favorite) while wrapping gifts, to cranking Led Zeppelin while making cookies, it's turning into an awesome holiday this year!

I think the Led Zeppelin thing will be a new tradition. Yesterday at a local used record store, we found a stack of old Zeppelin records for $2 each. I've always liked Zeppelin, but never owned any. I once refused to own any because, in my punk rock days, I was too busy not liking the people who were in to them to own any of the music. This has now been addressed and we made Russian teacakes while jamming out to When the Levee Breaks.

Now, here's a few photos of Christmas at my house:

The Tree is much wider in the house than it looked on the lot...


But Halloween Cat likes to look at it.



So do Jack and Sally.



They are also fans of the stockings. We don't have a fireplace, so they're hung by the TV with care instead.


This is our Santa. My Grandma made him. Note there are also elements of Noah or St. Francis, too. And his robe kicks some serious ass!

8 comments:

stray_thoughts said...

heh, heh. Santa's got a gorilla.

Segue said...

So you're a martini fan, eh?

plynn said...

Wow, I've done absolutely nothing Christmas-related this year and I suddenly feel guilty and heartless. We'll probably continue our Christmas Eve tradition of geting drunk and watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

tanagrame said...

The robes are indeed wonderful. Love that Santa fur.

fineartist said...

I love Jack and Sally. The kids decorated my classroom door with The Nightmare Before Christmas...Finals Week. An artist study of course, it was great.

Santas coat does kick some serious axe.

Jennifer said...

You are so undaunted by color! Love your fat tree and your fabulous decorations.

Gin, or vodka?

alpharat said...

Vodka. Stoli, to be exact.

Anonymous said...

That santa looks like he needs to smack some bitches around.
-D