I saw this ad today for the Zvue Spirit, though, and all of a sudden I realized that I can never truly hope to be a real ‘Merican unless I owned this starred and striped monstrosity, and honestly, during election time, we should be doing all we can do to prove that we are true ‘Mericans, voting for the most ‘Merican of the candidates.
The best part of this little handheld MP3 player, is that it comes pre-loaded with a stack of real ‘Merican music! You get:
- "I Feel Good" by James Brown
- "Back in the U.S.A." by Chuck Berry
- "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- "Drive South" by John Hiatt
- "XXX's and OOO's (An American Girl)" by Trisha Yearwood
- "Fly Like an Eagle" by The Neville Brothers
- "Rocky Mountain Way" by Joe Walsh
- "Takin' Care of Business" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive
- "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- "Rock and Roll All Nite" by KISS
- "(You Can Still) Rock in America" by Night Ranger
- "America Is My Home (Part 1)" by James Brown & The Famous Flames
- "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- "Some Gave All" by Billy Ray Cyrus
- "God Bless the U.S.A" by Lee Greenwood
That’s right! You get no less than THREE SKYNYRD TUNES, because Skynyrd is the most ‘Merican band of all time!
Seriously though, if you don’t mind it’s gruesome nature, it’s on sale for 12.99 on Buy.com right now. That's a pretty good deal for a 1GB MP3 player, even if it’s as obnoxious as all hell.
Also, how much you want to bet it's made in China?
Even so, I bet this girl has one:
Watch CBS Videos Online
The debate is on tonight, but I’m going to the Red Wings game. Hockey is distinctly Canadian, which probably brands me as somewhat unpatriotic. Please don’t judge.