Thursday, May 21, 2009

All your sanity and wits, they will all vanish, I promise

Music for this morning: Gogol Bordello – “Start Wearing Purple”



I love this band. We see them religiously when they pass through town, and it’s always a giant party. People riding the crowd on drums, girls wearing washboards being played by other members of the band, it’s fantastic.

The lead singer, Eugene Hutz is also a really cool guy that I’ve had the pleasure to meet and to interview before. If you saw Everything is Illuminated, you might recognize him from that – he starred opposite Elijah Wood.

A clip:



Anyway, the reason I’m all up on them right now is they’re in town next week, and we’ll be catching them.

As excited as I am about that, though, I’m more excited about the cabin.

TFN and I have reserved a cabin on the shores of Lake Michigan for four days. It’s right on the water; open the back door, step onto the beach, crack a beer, have a fire. That’s how I’m planning on spending four days.

With the way things are rapidly descending into chaos in these parts, it will be good to not be thinking about it all for a few days.

Plus, Shane Dog gets to go. He’ll like that.

1 comment:

Rena said...

I am a HUGE fan! Haven't had the chance to see them in concert yet, though. I'm jealous.