Monday, August 11, 2008

Environmental in Spirit

I am always on the lookout for ways to be more environmentally aware and just a bit greener. It’s no secret; it’s become a recurring theme on this little b-log of mine (but again, call me the "h" word and I'll slap your filthy little mouth). I like doing things to help ensure a decent space for the next round of peoples to be filling this space.

Even so, I am all too aware that there are some serious whack jobs of all kinds out there, including the environmental types. These are the people that refuse to have babies simply because they’re not environmentally friendly (they do exist), or the folks that go so far as to exhibit terrorist behavior that causes harm to other people – in the name of saving the environment.

Most of the time, I just shake my head when I read stories about these people, but every so often, I encounter an environmental story that frightens and sickens me, like the story I saw today:

Nine Household Tips for Vodka

In this “news item,” the writer breaks down ways that vodka can be used in an environmental fashion.

Guess what’s not on the list?

Drinking it.

Honestly, is this simply irresponsible journalism intended to pander to the popularity of the environmental movement, or an insidious puritanical attempt to deplete our national reserve of spirits? The next thing you know, they’ll be telling us that gin can be used to grow baby pandas from the ground.

If you want to read this travesty under the guise of journalism, it’s here.

Just wait, these guys will probably invent an engine that runs on whiskey next. Well you know what guys? I have one already. It’s called me on my bike. So you can just stay out of this with your clever little tips for using the one resource that we already know how to use in the most efficient way possible.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those tips were an absolut waste.

nyuk-nyuk :-)

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Excuse me, but I've got bug bites all along my panty lines, so I'm just gonna go fill the bathtub with vodka and stay there until either the itching stops, or I'm too drunk to feel anything.

Thanks for the link! I had no idea it got rid of poison ivy rashes!!!

fineartist said...

Uh, I'm a hippie and proud of it man...

I sure have missed your sense of humor.

ron st.amant said...

Don't these people watch Mythbusters? They've debunked tons of Vodka related stuff...

Or another note: Isn't it unfortunate they chose to use the words 'infertility' and 'half-cocked' in the same paragraph?

Just sayin'