Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Bodies and Fonts

It was an action-packed holiday at our household. And by action-packed, I mean chaotic in a somewhat good way.

We've had bunches of people in from out of town, as well as us leaving and coming back to town; all sorts of Christmas mayhem, capped off by the fact that mice have found some way to gain access to our house. I know this because our lovely Ms. Mina has been presenting them to me as Christmas gifts.

Although I do love giving the cat something to do during the day, I do not enjoy cleaning up carcasses every time I enter the house, so I will be picking up some supplies on the way home today.

OK, getting away from that macabre topic, I did manage to get out to see Helvet1ca on Thursday night. You may remember Helvet1ca as the band I saw a few months ago at a place with a crappy sound system while I had a raging cold. This time, I was able to see them as they were meant to be seen, and let me say that if you're a fan of Radiohead (I like Radiohead's sound, just not Thom Yorke's voice, so this was a nice switch) or Sonic Youth (on some songs, Eric Livingston sounds like a dead-on Thurston Moore), check these guys out.

This time, I didn't have a camera with me, but Agent Paprika was kind enough to send me some photos from her phone. She's got an eye for art, even with a camera phone.





Listen to Helvet1ca here or here. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, c'mon, dude! Suck it up & let Mina have her fun! It's great exercise, physically, and it's very good for the kitty's little limbic system to hunt. It'll add years to her nine lives! Maybe Nicole could handle carcass clean-up? Maybe you could train the puppy to toss them into the toidy for a quick flushing?

I mean, ew! Mice! Ew! Get thee to the hardware for traps!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Does kittie leave the internal organs lined up alongside the body?

I find it very educational at times..."Ah, observe. The liver! What do you think this is, kids? Kidneys, you're right."

Happy New Year!!

(thank you for the card. -insert smile face)

Eric said...

I'm glad you were able to see us in a place that had better sound. The Bart is the most difficult place to play in town, although it is kinda cool you could grab a bottle of vodka from the topshelf of the bar while adjusting the delay pedal. Look forward to seeing you at the next show (which is Feb 25 @ the Painted Lady, posted here first!) thanx again for the great write-up! (e)