Saturday, June 21, 2008

Busted knees - the end of slacking?

ProvincetownSo I spent this morning getting photos from Dublin, TFN's gallery show, Race for the Cure and Provincetown up on Flickr. Of course, one of the penalties for putting this off is that they went up in a jumbled up order, so if you're browsing, they are all over the place. Oh well.

Today is the first day of summer. How does one celebrate the first day of summer? In a few hours a few of us will be heading north for a bonfire on the shore of Lake Huron. It works.

This would normally be accompanied by biking, except that Thursday night my knee had a collision with the handlebars of my bike, and swelling and pain have convinced me to take a few days off - the reason that I'm home, packing the cooler, blogging and washing the dog's blanket, getting ready for a road trip while Nick is out biking the morning away.

At any rate, I'll get them organized and start posting on them this week, but if you want a sneak preview, you know where to find photos...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your knee.

We've got a BEAUTIFUL first day of summer here. MrZ and I are heading to Bryant Park this afternoon to help the Obama campaign folks register voters. Young voters. Young, male voters. In swim trunks. Young, beer-swilling, swim trunks-clad, hot hot hot male voters. I'm taking sunscreen, just in case any young, beer-swilling, swim trunks-clad, hot hot hot male voters forgot to apply it at home.

QUICK HEALING AND HAPPY SUMMER!!!

fineartist said...

We're going swimming at my nieces house, it's her son's birthday, now that I think about it I'm glad she had that guy before summer really got rolling. We'll be swimming in a chlorinated pool, boo, but she has her very own wet lands just past the part of her yard that she's claimed, you know the part she mows? It's complete with ducks and other critters, I need to paint that place...

Ah summer, wash me in water and sun and call me done. I'm happy.