Thursday, November 08, 2007

I need beer. STAT.

This. Is. Simply. Awesome.

HEBRON, CT (NBC) -- It may have seemed like an emergency at the time, but a Connecticut man is now regretting his call to 911.

35-year-old Brian Poulin of Hebron was arrested Sunday after police said he called 911 several times and asked them to bring him beer.

Hebron was charged with disorderly conduct.

Police said he called 911 numerous times and told the dispatcher he was out of beer and asked them to pick up more for him.

Poulin was transported to Windham Community Memorial Hospital after officers arrested him at his home.

Police did not say what he was treated for.

He is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Rockville on Nov. 20.


I know we've all had moments like this before, when the beer runs out. What is the guts vs. lack of brains ratio required to get call 911 to declare it an emergency?

Wow.

Fortunately, we are already collecting provisions for Iceman this weekend, so we will not be presented with such an emergency.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

But, if you had such an emergency, you would remember to dial my cell, as opposed to dialing 911.

Tell TFN no broken ribs this year, okay?


Last time I had an OH MY GOD THE BEER IS GONE moment was summer of ... 1988 or '89? We were living in a trailer park in Jackson County. I couldn't keep up with my mother in-law -- she was a pro. I mean, she had this whole "it's her or me" attitude when it came to splitting a twelve-pack. We were so broke, too. So broke. So when she snatched the last Miller Lite, and I'd only had three to her nine, she would make ME take a week's worth of empties and a Parkay margarine tub full of pennies, nickels, and dimes the two blocks to Buddy's.

If 911 was ever called, it wasn't us; and whoever inspired the call had a police scanner, so their party broke up before the cops arrived.

Everyone should spend at least a year of their life living in a trailer park. It's very educational, and quite a lot of fun!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Am I missing a party at Zilla Flats this weekend?

ron st.amant said...

I'm going to be visiting my best friend over the Thanksgiving weekend and his wife is a 911 operator..I'm going to ask her for her top 10 dumbest calls and post them for you on my blog!!!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

How was Ice Man???

fineartist said...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeee! Oh. My. Gawd.

My ex and I got into a fight one night, to make a long story short I left him slobbering drunk at a bar. When he managed to hitch hike home, heh, HE called the police to tell them that they might need to come out to our house that night because we were probably going to fight. HEeeeeeeeeeeeee! How drunk do you have to be to call the police on yourself? The dumb ass.

This reminded me of him.
xx