Monday, October 10, 2005

Getting in the Holiday Spirit



This is one of those brief weekend recap posts for the benefit of my out-of-town friends. If you don’t care about my life, check back later today for my usual blogging…

Action-packed weekend, this one was…

Friday night I had the opportunity to watch my friend Angela get married. Congrats, I wish you both lots and lots of happiness, and so forth.

Saturday began with freezing my ass off on the bike trail for about 11 miles. It was a good ride, aside from a few bruises I picked up on a few uphill accidents; but man, I was cold! I need to toughen up a bit, especially with only four weeks left until Iceman.

Saturday night we went up to the Magic Bag to see Zeke and Nashville Pussy (Thanks for putting us on the guest list, Amy!). It was a rocking time. Zeke was loud fast and sloppy, and Nashville Pussy was hard and raunchy (as if their name hadn’t already lead you to that conclusion).

Another Era ends: Andy quit at the Magic Bag. Saturday was his last night. Andy ran the Bag, and could always be counted on to help get you on a guest list if your regular connections didn’t work out, but more than that, Andy is a good friend. I first met Andy about 10 years ago on the other side of the state, when we both worked at Bilbo’s when we were in college. He wants to get away from night club hours and get back to the 9-to-5. I hope he gets the job he wants.

Sunday was a great day as well. We’re starting to really get in to the Halloween spirit, for all kinds of reasons. Halloween is seriously the mostest bestest of holidays. Devil’s Night is our wedding anniversary as well, so we always throw a big party. We ran around Halloween shopping (picked up the Jones Soda Halloween Brews pictured), getting ideas for the party, just having a really good day, capped off with a couple of Boddington’s with some good friends.

Next weekend, I am entered in a chili cookoff for the MMBA, so I had a test run. Let me just warn the MMBA guys now; my chili turned out so well on the test run that I am fully prepared to talk a whole lotta trash before we do this cookoff next weekend.

New music purchases this weekend:
You could have it so much better - Franz Ferdinand
New York Dolls - New York Dolls (I know, I can't believe I didn't have it yet, either)
Past, Present & Future - Rob Zombie (Guilty pleasure from the past, but man, it's been a long time since the world has had some good guitar-heavy evil industrial music!)

No comments: