Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Almost ready to roll...

Remember this?

The new baby

Restoration is coming along fine. I'm only a few hours out from having it ready to roll out. Here's a bit of what I've been doing.

This is what the fender looked like when we got it:

Fender - Before

This is what it looks like now:

Fender - After

After that is all set up for TFN, it will be time to start on my new baby:

The Hawthorne Hercules

This is a late '50s/early '60s Hawthorne Hercules, manufactured in England. I'm still trying to learn more about it, but the documentation isn't as easy to find as it was for the Schwinn. It's going to be my new ride, though.

As soon as it gets warm.

3 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

A very fine pursuit.
These bikes I like.
The ones with all the speeds always make me nervous.
I need one of these pulling a cart so I can make the trek to Lowes every day next spring.

Jennifer said...

Sparkly!

And, mmmm, red.

I think you should not give either of these bikes to a person in need, ever.

Vigrx Pills said...

I like your site