Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No More Biking...

Today I scheduled my hotel room in Traverse City for this year's Iceman. I am really looking forward to it, as always, but this year it's a little bittersweet.

It seems that this will be my last Iceman. Indeed, this will probably be my last year on a bicycle.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, because this is the thing that the blue-collar workforce of my parents' generation always warned us about.

Did we listen? No.

But now, my position as a cyclist has been replaced by a robot.



I'm not sure what I'll do now, but yep, robots have forced people out of the cycling community. Next thing you know, they'll be building cars, too.

2 comments:

zilla said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... you show me a robot what rocks a 'hawk as good as you, and THEN I'll worry.

Plus, you're grounded, for scaring me like that.

*Ange* Life in the PS said...

That robot is for people like me. Not you.
I've got low crotch tolerance.

I'm guessing the wedding and Iceman aren't overlapping.
I'll leave a beer buried for you in our secret place.